Senior Data Engineer
- Full Time
Botkeeper is an automated bookkeeping solution transforming the accounting industry. Named one of America’s fastest growing companies by both Inc. and the Financial Times in 2021, we’re building a team that isn’t afraid to push the boundaries of what's possible. Together, we work hard, collaborate constantly, lift one another up, and challenge each other without fear. Following our Series C funding led by Grand Oaks Capital, we’re now scaling to achieve the future of bookkeeping!
Our Engineering Team:
We are a group of dedicated and talented engineers, who have an insatiable desire to learn new technologies, implement exciting scalable solutions, and teach each other as we collaborate on projects. Being a part of this team provides an opportunity to work across a variety of technical domains, while contributing insights from your own experiences and domain expertise.
We’re looking for an experienced data engineer to help us build the world's most advanced bookkeeping platform. You will be focused on designing, building, securing and managing our data acquisition and transformation pipelines and the associated cloud infrastructure. You will work closely with our ML and Platform teams to identify, acquire and normalize the myriad of data sources necessary to automate, speed up and improve the quality of the bookkeeping process. If you are a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail, we want to talk to you!
- Architect and implement robust data acquisition strategies and ETL pipelines
- Maintain and expand our unified data layer
- Define and document data models to unify the accounting industry
- Define and implement a robust 3rd party integration strategy
- Oversee data governance across the organization
- Work closely with information security to define and implement data classification, logging and access controls
- Influence the features and direction of our products with your own ideas
- Actively contribute to our code review culture
- Lead and mentor junior/mid level engineers, and help establish coding standards
- 5+ years data engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and data modeling
- 5+ years experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- 5+ years experience with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB, HBase)
- Expertise in optimizing query and data processing performance
- Experience working with a Map Reduce system on any size/scale
- Experience using cloud-based ETL and data warehousing solutions like AWS Glue and Redshift preferred
- Strong database design experience and SQL proficiency
- 3+ years of experience developing within distributed systems / microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience with Docker containerization
- Expertise in security-related best practices including OWASP
- Experience working in a Unix environment with proficiency in shell scripting
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and professional
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
Botkeeper provides bookkeeping to businesses using a powerful combination of skilled accountants and automated data entry through the use of machine learning and AI. Our clients receive 24/7 accounting and support as well as incredible insight into their financials with beautiful dashboards and unlimited reporting. The platform easily integrates with a client’s bank accounts, credit cards, HR system, and POS system, and makes appropriate entries and adjustments to their QuickBooks Online accounts, providing businesses with a 24/7 AI-driven Botkeeper. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA.
We offer unlimited PTO, competitive compensation and healthcare, remote work, and 12 weeks of parental leave. Additional benefits include our annual company retreat, incredible opportunities for career growth, continued professional education, and collaboration with our team of smart, supportive colleagues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Botkeeper is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we encourage all to apply to join our team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.