Full Stack Engineer
- Full Time
Botkeeper is an automated bookkeeping solution transforming the accounting industry. Named one of America’s fastest growing companies by both Inc. and the Financial Times in 2021, we’re building a team that isn’t afraid to push the boundaries of what's possible. Together, we work hard, collaborate constantly, lift one another up, and challenge each other without fear. Following our Series C funding led by Grand Oaks Capital, we’re now scaling to achieve the future of bookkeeping!
Our Engineering Team:
We are a group of dedicated and talented engineers, who have an insatiable desire to learn new technologies, implement exciting scalable solutions, and teach each other as we collaborate on projects. Being a part of this team provides an opportunity to work across a variety of technical domains, while contributing insights from your own experiences and domain expertise.
We’re looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our mission of building the future of bookkeeping! Simplicity and efficiency are at the core of every product we build at botkeeper. As a frontend engineer you’ll be expected to carry this mantra into your daily development by building, extending, and scaling products that streamline the bookkeeping and practice management processes.
We are a high growth startup, so you need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with some level of ambiguity when it comes to requirements, and is able to quickly iterate on ideas; we move fast, and you’ll need to keep up. Startup life isn’t for everyone, but if you are hungry to make an impact and be surrounded by others who are dedicated to their craft we would love to talk to you.
- Taking designs/mocks and architecting a code structure to maximize maintainability and efficiency
- Develop frontend systems with an emphasis on user-friendliness, developer-friendliness, robustness, and maintainability
- Work with product teams and end users in order to understand user interactions and build scalable solutions for improving customer’s workflow and experiences
- Establish processes for ensuring maintainability of new code and bringing old code into new standards via refactor and replacement
- Actively contribute to our code review culture
- 3 - 4 years of shipping software in a professional team setting
- Proficient knowledge of NPM, webpack, Git and other frontend development tools
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Curious about how things work, creative about how to approach problems, and eager to collaborate with others
Botkeeper provides bookkeeping to businesses using a powerful combination of skilled accountants and automated data entry through the use of machine learning and AI. Our clients receive 24/7 accounting and support as well as incredible insight into their financials with beautiful dashboards and unlimited reporting. The platform easily integrates with a client’s bank accounts, credit cards, HR system, and POS system, and makes appropriate entries and adjustments to their QuickBooks Online accounts, providing businesses with a 24/7 AI-driven Botkeeper. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA.
We offer unlimited PTO, competitive compensation and healthcare, remote work, and 12 weeks of parental leave. Additional benefits include our annual company retreat, incredible opportunities for career growth, continued professional education, and collaboration with our team of smart, supportive colleagues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Botkeeper is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we encourage all to apply to join our team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.