Software Engineer - Platform
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Botkeeper is an automated bookkeeping solution transforming the accounting industry. Named one of America’s fastest growing companies by both Inc. and the Financial Times in 2021, we’re building a team that isn’t afraid to push the boundaries of what's possible. Together, we work hard, collaborate constantly, lift one another up, and challenge each other without fear. Following our Series C funding led by Grand Oaks Capital, we’re now scaling to achieve the future of bookkeeping!
Botkeeper is looking for a Software Engineer for our Platform team!
Our Engineering Team
We are a group of dedicated and talented engineers, who have an insatiable desire to learn new technologies, implement exciting scalable solutions, and teach each other as we collaborate on projects. Being a part of this team provides an opportunity to work across a variety of technical domains, while contributing insights from your own experiences and domain expertise.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the Platform team within Botkeeper! You will be a key member of the team responsible for Botkeeper’s cloud infrastructure and CI/CD tools. One of your goals will be to help our engineering teams scale and work more efficiently through developer tooling and support. Additionally, you will work closely with our product teams to build products, features & external integrations that automate, speed up & advance the quality of the bookkeeping process. If this is in your wheelhouse, we would love to talk to you!
- Collaborate with other engineers to design, build, and implement robust logging, monitoring and alerting to provide transparency and enable effective resolution of system issues.
- Resolve and Implement day to day technical / non-technical challenges and communicate any risks or issues associated with the activities and mentor staff through the technical / non-technical challenges.
- Empower the engineering teams to build, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot their systems to all environments through the use of documentation, mentoring, and tools you create.
- Leverage tools and technologies to build and improve the current CI/CD processes.
- Design, configure and maintain fault-tolerant cloud infrastructure to support our distributed systems architecture at scale.
- Implement security best practices and industry standards to keep our client's data secure.
- Participate actively in code reviews.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- 4+ years of cloud infrastructure experience.
- 4+ years of devops experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Docker containerization and container orchestration with Kubernetes is a must.
- 2+ years of experience managing infrastructure and deploying and managing applications on AWS using AWS services like Cloud Formation, CloudFront, API Gateway, and Lambda.
- 1+ years of experience developing within distributed systems / microservices architecture.
- 1+ years of experience managing infrastructure-as-code with Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent
- Expertise in infrastructure security-related best practices including OWASP.
- Proficient in either Python or TypeScript (Node.js).
- Experience working in a Unix environment with proficiency in shell scripting.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and professional.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills including on-call support.
- 3+ years software engineering experience.
Botkeeper provides bookkeeping to businesses using a powerful combination of skilled accountants and automated data entry through the use of machine learning and AI. Our clients receive 24/7 accounting and support as well as incredible insight into their financials with beautiful dashboards and unlimited reporting. The platform easily integrates with a client’s bank accounts, credit cards, HR system, and POS system, and makes appropriate entries and adjustments to their QuickBooks Online accounts, providing businesses with a 24/7 AI-driven Botkeeper. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA.
We offer unlimited PTO, competitive compensation and healthcare, remote work, and 12 weeks of parental leave. Additional benefits include our annual company retreat, incredible opportunities for career growth, continued professional education, and collaboration with our team of smart, supportive colleagues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Botkeeper is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we encourage all to apply to join our team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.