Business Development Representative
Botkeeper is an automated bookkeeping solution transforming the accounting industry. Named one of America’s fastest growing companies by both Inc. and the Financial Times in 2021, we’re building a team that isn’t afraid to push the boundaries of what's possible. Together, we work hard, collaborate constantly, lift one another up, and challenge each other without fear.
As a Business Development Representative, you will play a crucial role within our complex, consultative sales process. You’ll be strategically engaging an inbound and outbound mix of prospects through multi-touch cadences consisting of personalized email, calls, and social. Effectively communicating Botkeeper’s differentiated value to each prospect will be crucial to success. BDRs are responsible for identifying and engaging high-quality prospects, generating interest in Botkeeper, and qualifying the opportunity before handing off to an Account Executive.
You’ll work closely with Sales Management, Corporate Sales Account Executives, Partner Sales, and Marketing to learn, support, and achieve team-wide and org-wide goals. We’re building a world-class team of top performers from some of the most successful software companies in the world and are looking for driven individuals eager to grow and accelerate their careers.
- Identify new business through diligent, detail-oriented prospecting, leveraging all available information
- Engage prospects through email, phone, and social to generate interest in Botkeeper
- Autonomously conduct polished calls and presentations with prospects
- Thoroughly qualify opportunities and seamlessly hand-off to an Account Executive
- Maintain high activity volume and quality
- Demonstrate integrity and professional ethics in everything you do
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years quota-carrying SDR/BDR experience selling SaaS products
- Demonstrated success in a results-driven, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You thrive in adversity and under pressure, with grit - you hate and refuse to lose
- You are without question, the most persuasive and driven person you know
- High energy, passionate about your work, and eager to learn
- Preference would be candidates in Mountain or Pacific Time
Top Performers in this role usually have:
- Experience working in a high-growth, "scale up" environment
- Passion for helping businesses grow and curiosity about the tech industry
- Humility and enthusiasm in their work
Botkeeper is a leading automated bookkeeping solution, providing accounting firms and their clients a powerful combination of skilled accountants, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. The Botkeeper Operating System (BOS) gives your CAS or bookkeeping practice an unparalleled workflow management system that uses best practices we've refined over several years. Accounting firms can grow their book of business, diversify their service offering, increase capacity, and improve overhead costs using the BOS full-suite bookkeeping & pre-accounting solution. With BOS you have the ultimate tool to efficiently manage your bookkeeping client base. Learn more about Botkeeper here!
We offer unlimited PTO, competitive compensation, healthcare, remote work, and 12 weeks of parental leave. Additional benefits include our annual company retreat, incredible opportunities for career growth, continued professional education, and collaboration with our team of smart, supportive colleagues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Botkeeper is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we encourage all to apply to join our team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected].